Kirk Morrison, P. Eng
Kirk Morrison founded Think Leadership Inc. to combine his engineering and leadership skills with his passion for leadership development and self-growth.
Throughout a professional and management career, Kirk developed an ability to navigate the most extreme personal and professional challenges.
His study of Bowen Theory became a grounding source of leadership knowledge. Kirk completed a nationally acclaimed Advanced Leadership Course delivered by Leadership Coaching, Inc. in Rochester, NY. He gained an innovative way of systems thinking that transformed Kirk’s ability to deepen his most important relationships and his ability to lead, influence and drive results.
Kirk draws on 15 years of progressive leadership experience within the Canadian municipal and provincial government sectors. He completed a Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering and he is a registered Professional Engineer in the provinces of Alberta and Saskatchewan.
Career Highlights include:
- Led the City of Lloydminster, in the capacity of Deputy CAO and acting CAO, through three challenging organizational transitions: elimination of a $10 million operating deficit, a municipal election, and implementation of a revised Governance Model.
- Developed innovative partnerships between the City of Lloydminster and Inclusion Alberta, EPCOR and Calgary Municipal Land Corporation.
- Coached and mentored several Engineers-in-Training to achieve Professional Engineer status.
- Coached and mentored technical professionals to develop their careers into Executive Leadership roles.
- Accountable for the development and oversight of annual operating and capital budgets in combined excess of $100 million.
Measure Your Anxiety
The functioning of an organization marches to the beat of an ancient drum … Anxiety. Take our quiz to get insights on the level of anxiety in your organization.
In order to get our best thinking on leadership,
you must give us yours.